Thanks to Mama Mel Jaranilla for the onions she gave us, I was inspired to look for a yummy onion rings recipe; as requested by my husband. Because of the satisfaction it has given to our family’s tummy and taste buds, I want to also share our experience.
Having this recipe is like having a pro made your onion rings!
- 1 whole White Onions (Large)
- 2 cups All Purpose Flour
- 1 cup Fresh Milk (I used Nestle Fresh Milk -Green)
- 1 large Egg
- 1 tsp Iodized Salt
- Breadcrumbs (I usually use the one in orange packaging – the one used for tempura)
- Vegetable Oil for frying
- Extra salt for seasoning
- Cut the onions in slices. Make sure to cut them in circles, then set aside.
- Prepare 3 bowls. In one bowl, mix the flour and salt. In the next bowl, whisk the milk and egg together. And in the 3rd bowl, put in the breadcrumbs.
- Dip and cover the onions one by one to each bowl of mixture, to this arrangement:
- Flour Mixture
- Milk and Egg Mixture
- Then again at Flour Mixture
- and Milk Egg Mixture
- Breadcrumbs (slightly tap them to let it stick to the rings)
- While preparing the rings, also prepare the oil in a pan and heat it. Make sure the oil is hot before you put in the onion rings.
- When the onion rings are slightly brown/golden brown, take them out already. Then put them in plate with tissue paper to remove the excess oil from it.
- Then season with salt
This is also best with a dip. The simplest dip you can have is mayo with garlic powder, mayo and ketchup or even just mayo.
Sounds yummy??? Try it now and give me a feedback on your experience. Hehehe… ENJOY!!!!!